Summer 2012: "I'm on a World Tour"

Summer 2012 Preview!


In 11 days, I will officially be done with my Junior year and starting summer 2012! I will be staying in Chapel Hill until May 20th so I can continue working at the Sheps Center and earn money for my travels. I'm excited to stay in Chapel Hill for a little bit longer, because my sisters will finally get to visit and most of my roommates and close friends will also be here at least through May! Before I leave to study abroad, I will be back home in the Illadel (okay let's be honest-Doylestown) for two weeks to see family, friends, and prepare for my trips! 

Venezuela: I will be studying abroad in Higuerote ,Venezuela from June 4th-July 16th with five other students! I just had another orientation  this week which made me even more excited for the summer. I will be taking an African American studies course on the African Diaspora in Venezuela as well as an advanced spanish course (ah!). I will also be volunteering at an english writing workshop that is held for students at the schools close to the university that we will be studying at. The African American class is only twice a week, so we are going to get to travel to a lot of different sites in Venezuela during the week and weekends.

Montreal: My parents are currently planning a family vacation to Montreal for when I get back from Venezuela! We haven't been on a trip together for a long time, and have never been to Canada, so I'm really looking forward to this/hoping it  happens. I have no idea what Montreal is like so I will definitely be doing some research in the next few weeks! (I should ask the one Canadian in my classes what it's like there...assuming he's from Montreal or know's a lot about it...)

England: One of my friends is studying abroad in London until July 27th, so I am currently trying to plan visiting her with  another one of our friends at the end of her program and staying until around august 4th! Because of the olympics London will be packed, so we are going to try to explore other cities/towns in England and possibly go to Scotland and/or Ireland. I have family that lives both in and outside of London so we may also stay with them and definitely visit them! 

I have spent my last two summers mostly in Chapel Hill, and am really looking forward to traveling to other places this summer! I will definitely blog as much as possible so lookout for future posts on all my travels :) 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Americanah in Rwanda

The Dirty South: Rwanda Edition!

Senioritis