20 things about my experience in Rwamagana

Ayo! Here is a list to summarize the past 2 weeks/ things I'm looking forward to, in no particular order:

1. I am obsessed with the pineapples in this country. They also cost like $0.30 which is amazing.
2. I've learned that no matter what shoes you wear your feet WILL be covered in dust by the end of the day
3. My host mom is on CP time- she took me to umuganda (the day of community service) fashionably late aka after the work was done
4. Our mid LPI (conversational test for the first language level training) is on Saturday. we need to be at intermediate low level to pass it. Wish me luck!
5. My love for avocados has grown immensely. You can get one for like the equivalent of $0.15!!!!!!! 
6. I said this last post and I'll say it again. I really really miss washing machines.
7. We find out our site placements this week!!! 
8. I spent a solid hour listening to Rihanna songs with my 12 year old host sister the other day.. Is that integrating?
9. I've noticed that a bunch of youths know my name and greet me that I have no recollection of meeting... I'm not sure if I should be flattered or concerned lol
10. I'm really over this  world cup song  
11. I'm planning a trip to Zambia for 2015 where I'll stay with fam I haven't seen since I was a baby!
12. I think I've made one enemy in Rwanda and it's the person who won't sell me this igetenge fabric for less than 6000 rwf #thirdtimesacharm right?! 
13. after training we would have had every possible vaccination that one could get 
14. I'm glad I finally learned numbers so I can stop holding up fingers when trying to purchase things
15. It took me a week to figure out that my host family gave me the Rwandan name 'Umuhoza' which means I'm a soothing/calming person
16. Rwandans know how to drop it low at parties 
17. I really want to go to a wedding. Although crashing them is socially acceptable here so I may do that too.
18.  I've mastered the art of using a latrine
19. We met and got to speak with the US ambassador to Rwanda this week! 
20. 3 weeks in and I'm loving it here! 

Until next time!

Vanessa 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Americanah in Rwanda

The Dirty South: Rwanda Edition!

Senioritis