nothing was the same (yes that is the title of Drakes next album...)

Seriously though, nothing was the same! If you told me last summer that I would be living in Chapel Hill for another year post-grad I probably would have laughed in your face and told you that I'd be on the other side of the world. But alas, I'm in year 5 of my Chapel Hill life!

Wow, so it's been a bit over a year since I blogged, and a lot has changed since then.

 I remember last summer I thought I would be leaving for the Peace Corps this summer for two years. Unfortunately my application was delayed for an extended period of time, so I found out last spring that I wouldn't know my placement until early in 2014.

 I spent winter and early spring of this past year applying to jobs in the time that I thought was just between graduating and going to the Peace Corps, but as with many things, it didn't end up as planned; what I thought would just be a couple more months in Chapel Hill ended up being at least another year!

I am currently working at the Duke Global Health Institute, and have been working there as a Research Assistant since April of this year. I can honestly say this has been a great, enjoyable, and eye-opening experience for me. Although it's only been a few months it has made me further realize that global health is what I want to pursue. I work in the obesity prevention program with a great team. I've learned so much about the research process,  including all that goes into creating a study from start to finish.

I am very glad that I started writing again, although it was short lived last summer I think it's a nice thing to do, to get things off  of my mind. I really don't expect anyone to read this, but if you do I hope you enjoy my ramblings. I really would like this blog to be more about topics that interest me and not just my day to day experiences.

My next post will be a piece on obesity prevention research, although I am of course biased on that subject :)

Someone important to me reminded me that I like to write, so thanks to you if you read this one day for that, you know who you are!

Until next time,

Vanessa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Americanah in Rwanda

The Dirty South: Rwanda Edition!

Week 1 at site!