We sisters, we here

Yes I know, I said my next post was going to be a piece on obesity research, but that'll be next time I promise!

This is yet another personal story, but about some people that I surprisingly haven't really mentioned on my blog yet- my sisters. It may get a bit sentimental, but it's important for me to write about my best friends in my life.

My sisters and I in London in March 2013

I have two sisters- an older one who is 24 and a younger one who is 19. So yes, I have middle child syndrome :/

I can honestly say that my sisters are my favorite people in the world.

My oldest sister, Miranda is hands-down the most driven person I know. She lost about 20 pounds in the past few years and is now  tied with my mom for the fittest person award in my family (sorry Dad & Cass!). Miranda is moving to London next month for 2 years  to attend the London School of Economics for Public Administration/Policy. I am so proud of her and could not be happier for her, but I am also so sad that she will be in further away from me- geeze Miranda you being in NYC was far enough! But on a serious note my big sis is the one that I call whenever I am having trouble with anything. Whether it be a friend problem, a boyfriend issue, or needing her to spot me some extra money, she always has my back. Despite my stingy nature at times she always gives me the best advice on school, work, and really just being a motivated person. Now the one thing that I just need to get right is going to the gym even half as much as she does! Miranda, if you read this-which you definitely will because I'm sending you this link -I love you so much, I am so proud of you, and I only hope that one day, I can be as strong and motivated a woman as you are.


I'm not exaggerating when I say the smartest person that I  know in this world is Cassie, my little sis. I'm serious- I used to send her my college papers to edit when she was still in high school! Cassie is a writer, a poet, a thinker, a comedian. She's pretty much what every woman who thinks they are smart, cool and hip actually wants to be like. This little diva is moving abroad today, first to spend a few weeks in Scotland acting in a play called  'Beijing Cake' at the Edinburgh film festival and later to spend all of her junior year at Yale studying abroad in Paris. When I say Cassie knows everything about anything, I mean it literally. She is a great inspiration to me for anything that I may think is too hard or impossible and a reminder that the resources to know, learn and grow are right in front of you, you just have to be creative in how you utilize it. Since  high school, our favorite thing to do while hanging out back home was to go to lunch, go to a bookstore, and walk around town. When I went home a few weeks ago to say goodbye to her before her travels we did that one last time. I'm looking forward to our next home venture next summer little sis. I love you little diva, I am so very proud of you and I only hope that I can be as immersed in knowledge  as you are one day.



Until next time,
Vanessa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Americanah in Rwanda

The Dirty South: Rwanda Edition!

Week 1 at site!